Trois Rivières
Hey all, well Im finally in TR. Dave and I had an awesome week travelling Quebec together but now the adventure is over. Time for a new one I guess! Dave and I drove from Quebec City to TR the day before yesterday ( which actually seems like forever ago) and we went around town a bit, hung out, and just really enjoyed eachothers company. Then yesterday we spent a very emotional day around town just really waiting until the time when he had to go. It was really hard to say goodbye even though Ill be home in 5 weeks. Its a long time!
Here at the University its a whole different world even though french time hasnt started yet. This time they are giving us a day to get settled until they pull out the rug from under us! Today we took the placement test and everyone was trying to do poorly on it so they wouldnt be put it a level that is too difficult! There is around 400 of us here, that is a ton of people, so I never really know the faces around. Ive gone out a bit with my roomies and some other girls to pass the time. Did I mention that time passes ridiculously slow so far?? Im hoping it will speed up once classes get going and all that jazz. We only have class fromm 830-12 it seems and thats a bit disapointing. But the extracuriculars seem cool. There is sport like 4 times a week though and other stuff only once a week so thats not cool, oh well. I found a friend who doesnt like organized sports either! We might pull out my frisbee one of these days.
We made a trip to the Dollarama today..have I mentioned how much I love that store? Its always full here and with a ton of stuff so thats pretty sweet. Got some stuff for the apartment. We are lucky because we are in the new apartments and we all have phones in our rooms and everything, and a nice kitchen except no microwave! (GRR) anyways- the other res is aparently a dump so we are pretty satisfied. The only bad thing is that it is a 4th floor walk up so I had to drag my giant suitcase up all those stairs, and Im sure I will have to drag it right back down again.
Funny story for the day though, there was some random, and well dressed, guy sitting in front of our place today..with a big sign that said`Free Hugs`....Of course I got a picture! We even asked him why he is there and he said, jut to make people happy. so that was definately entertaining.
Now we are just trying to waste time until the party starts tonight, apparently the more people who come and the more fun we have the longer english night will be. Otherwise it will be all in french starting around 8 ish...interesting...
Ok - thats all for now, and dont mind all the spelling mistakes, this french keyboard always screw me up because the letters are all displaced a little bit. Plus the question mark is on the 6 and the @ is on the two but you have to use the AltCar button...
5.08.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Ha, French time and English time, I love it! Why does frenchie land have the good dollar stores?? Hmmmm . . . .
Hey Sarah, you should look up Robyn Roste who is there right now too. She wrote about the free hugs guy...
She's from Mission, but was living in Kamloops and you may have some common friends...check it out.
Robyn's blog is http://arbynblog.blogspot.com/
I LOVE DOLLARAMA!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid Poundstretcher is nowhere near as good...
Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»
Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»
Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»
Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»
Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»
Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»
Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»
Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»
Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»
Post a Comment