5.09.2006

My home for the next 5 weeks

Ahh, a full day of shopping for us girls!

The Real Day One

So today was the first day of everyone actually speaking french. Its funny how your group of friends can change, I have heard from some other people that they have had to make friends all over again but in french because the people they met first in english barely speak a word of french. I forget so many of my words, I was trying to explain my costume for the party on friday and I was having major amounts of trouble, I couldnt remember how to say stripes, coat hanger, and a few other things of course. Care to take a guess on what Im dressing up as?? ( by the way there is a random girl sitting close by me who is being uber dramatic on the computer...lots of miming going on...)

Anyways, Today was our first day of class..where we found out that the class Im in is called 'Perfectionnement du Francais 1X' Which basically means...we are the highest level here. So basically whenever someone asks what class Im in, and I respond 1X, I just get a lot of groans and moans and rolling of eyes! Sometimes I try to tell them that it will get better, and that I've been in their position before...but then they don't understand me! Its not only frustrating for them, but for me as well. Ive been finding that the longer I speak french the more I forget..so we will see how that goes!

Our prof seems pretty good, a little hardcore, but good. Oh and did I mention that she is the Director of the school? Yup. So she went on a speal today telling us how she has such high expectations from us because we are the highest level and how if we are not prepared for that then we can feel free to leave and go to a level that is more ''inferieur'. That was a little bit frightening! I think it was bad news this morning as we took another test because after discussing together afterwards, pretty much everyone in the class didn't know what they\we were doing because we didnt know what the tite of ''pronoms relatifs' were...come on..give an example! It will all word out though. We already even have a couple presentations to prepare for so that will be good, one on theatre and another just on any random subject.

After class we all gathered in the ''1012' ( a giant room basically) to choose our extracurriculars. I put quebecoise music and dance as my first choices, but I also signed up for community service, which they only give to the advanced students...scary.

This afternoon a few of us walked downtown to take a look around and it all seems pretty cool. Dave and I saw it earlier, but it was good to go with some girl friends too. We wandered around, looked in some shops, bought some icecream and all that good stuff. It was a good 4 kilometers there and back so it was refreshing. Its was really nice and sunny too so that was nice. When we got back we went for dinner and the choices were not too bad today, quiche, vegetables, and cream of broccoli. For lunch and dinner we get a lot of food so thats nice..thats not saying that its all that good...but at least its free. We found out too that we get 100 bucks in total for food on the weekend so thats pretty sweet too.

So now thats that. Im sitting in the lab, typing my blog. Tonight we are going to watch a video of some sort in our apartment so that should be a good time. Yaaa plether couches. But on the upside I know my phone number now!

16 comments:

Erin said...

Maybe I'm stupid, but I have no idea what you're going as...A zebra stuck to a coat hanger? I'll probably figure it out as soon as I post this comment.

Erin said...

Maybe I'm stupid, but I have no idea what you're going as...A zebra stuck to a coat hanger? I'll probably figure it out as soon as I post this comment.

Erin said...

And now I've posted the same comment twice...I really AM stupid after all. Good to know.

Just Tim said...

Oh!! Oh!! pick me pick me!! I know!!! I know!!… Oh dear I have turned into as big a nerd as my sister. oh well At least it is not a French nerd. Just kidding! Good for you and your nerdy self. Sounds like a good time.

Anonymous said...

oh oh, oh! pick me! i know what you're going as!!! pipi!!! :-) yay.
-kristin

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»