Gooooood weekend
Finally it was nice out...all weekend! It was 25 degrees and beautiful. On Saturday we went to La Mauricie National Park and did some sweet Kayaking. It was amazing, everytime Im out on the water like that I remember how much I love it. Thanks to Dad and Mom for giving us so many awesome canoe memories. We had the chance to do canoeing or kayaking, but my roomie and I decided to go kayaking. There were only 5 kayaks and about 40 canoes, but somehow no one else wanted to Kayak! Its actually harder to tip a kayak than a canoe, so I dont understand what all the fuss was about. Some guy even brought his guitar out on the water so we got to listen to him sing, it was awesome. A beautiful day...on the water that is..because as soon as you returned to land you were surrounded by litterally a million tiny biting bugs. Not mostquitos, just tiny beastly biting bugs. Something bit me, or stung me on my right hand inbetween my pinky and my fourth finger...and for the past two days the right site of my right hand as been completely swollen. Awesome. Jerk Bugs.
After literally running from the bugs and hiding in the sauna-ey hotness of the bus we arrived back home again..just in time to take a two hour nap. Kayaking really takes it out of you! I was lucky and was wearing jeans in the boat but my roomie has the worst sun burn ever! Poor girl! Later that night we went to watch the hockey game at the Campus Café ( which by the way is neither on campus, nor is it a café) and it was sweltering in there. One of the girls even fell asleep. We gleefully cheered on the Oilers! (Ya Oil!) and then headed downtown to go out ''Dancing''. Whenever I go out to the clubs I remember the exact reason I hate going to the clubs. It was all sorts of terrible. We left after not too long and went and met some friends in a bar next door and got to sit and smooze and the like. It was much better!
Sunday I headed downtown with some friends and played frisbee by the waterfront, went for a stroll, got some frozen yogourt, and sat in the park for a while. We then took a drive to the beach...but it costs 4 bucks...to go to the beach! We didnt have any time to stay at that moment because we were late for a potluck at Heathers, but we are definately going back soon.
Then I Attempted to study...and that didnt happen...the exam today was a bit hard...guess I should study more...
There is only 13 days to go! And of that there is only8 days of class left..Yes!
I was checking out Robyn's blog today, since there is a link to it from David's website..and I saw all her beautiful wedding pictures...and now Im in '' I just want to get married'' mode! Only 3 months to go once I get back though!
Ok- should go- Im going to go and buy some dictionaries...then Ill go take a nap..
5.29.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"It was all sorts of terrible." !!! Oh Sarah, you crack me up. I'm going to start compiling these quotes...
Me oh my! Frisbee and frozen yogurt, waterfronts and time off, Boy I want your life. Good on ya!! Hey is it illegal for you to be talking to us in french?
Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»
Post a Comment