ARG Ma tête tourne!
Seriously, the longer that I speak french the dumber I become. Sometimes I cannot for the life of me think of sentenc structure and vocab and grammar all at the same time because if I try to do that everything becomes even more mixed up and bizarre. Im thinking in french/spitting out whatever comes to mind. Today seems like its going abit better language wise, and Im looking up more and more words that I don't know. Yesterday was a big gong show though. It was all good.
So the ''ateliers'' that I got into are music and songs, and folk dancing, although the name''folk dancing'' will be a bit of a misnomer in two weeks because the leader tricked us into telling her what kind of dance we have ever done, and I had the misfortune to tell here that I did Highland Dancing for 9 years. So...we were all standing in a circle ( about 40 of us) and she would call out a type of dancing and the people who said they had done it and they had to go into the middle and show everyone a few steps! Although at the same time I was lucky because there is another girl who did it too. We went in the middle and did a few steps of the sword dance. So It looks like the leader will want us to teach something to everyone! We will probably teach the Highland Fling or something like that. Guess I'll have to make a mental note to make sure I know all the words for body parts in order to teach!
Everyday in class we do grammar work for an hour and a half, and then we do a fun activity like listen to some french music or seomthing like that. I like working hard in the morning and then having a chance to rest my brain a bit. On girl transferred out of our class yesterday because it was too hard, and another transferred in today, but right after class the new girl turned around and asked us if we had ever done ''les pronoms relatifs'' before. We all had, I did them 4 years ago myself so Im rusty but its all good, but this girl has never done it in her life so I wonder if she will be in a lower class tomorrow. Our prof is also a little hard of hearing so we repeat things a million times, its really frustrating. I like her but too bad we didnt get the prof who brings in pizza and donuts and such and wine every friday!
Hockey, Hockey, Hockey
It seems like that fiancé of mine affects me even when Im across the country from him! Last night I went to a sports bar with some friends and we watched the ottawa buffalo game...which was pretty crappy. It was a good time, but the game wasn't that exciting at all. Then we watched the first period and took off for the campus pub. It was a gong show- its called the ''chasse galerie'' which means literally the ''hunting circle'' but Im pretty sure there is some other meaning there. ANyways- it was ridiculously busy because wednesdays are student nights around here. And its not only for us here right now, but for everyone in university around here. So its really busy, good thing one of our buddies is friends with the bouncer and got us in quick! There is also a ''dance'' going on at the same time, right down the hall. But its more like a bar itself because there is a lot of alcohol for sale!
Speaking of alcohol..one of the guys in my class was pretty wasted last night, and getting cosy with the girls. So there are all these stories going around and the like. This morning in class we were just going through a worksheet or something and all of a sudden he freaked right out and squealed and all that. He pushed his chair away from the table and man it was just too funny. We couldnt figure out what was going on until he was like....its a bug, and I didnt see it coming until it was too late. It was awesome. We laughed and laughed, but he was pretty much so hungover that he wasnt really aware too much of what was going on around him. Ohhh the entertainment!
So for those of you( ie Kris) who guessed Pippi Longstocking..you would be right. Now I know its not that original considering Im a red head and all but its cheap and easy and I can buy everything I need from the dollarama! Tomorrow though is caveman theme night so that will be interesting. I forsee a lot of half naked people wearing sheets..just a guess though.
So we picked our weekend activities and it turns out we had some sweet choices of taking a tour of the prison, or a guided tour of the downtown, or the ones I ended up with. Ill be going to some historical tour about forges..and a visit to a really old church with stained glass windows! Oh well- I think those activities will be fun too. Just different. I will just give myself a tour of town one day and go to the prison with some friends on sunday I think. Its right in town, Dave and I almost went but we didn't in the end. It will be good though. I'll report back to Dave.
So Im sure that many other interesting things have happened, but frankly Im exhausted and I kinda just want to go to bed! The plan for night is to actually take a nap because Ive pretty much been tired for the last 3 weeks! You know, do some homework, make some phone calls, and sleep sleep sleep.
Thanks for writing me everyone, I really appreciate it. Its nice to hear whats going on in everyone elses world right now.
à la prochaine, tout le monde!
5.11.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Ahh the togga, the universal costume for lazy people! Seriously, whenever you put french in your blog, even one word, I don't understand a word of it! Just thought you should know, so as long as its not important then keep on trucking!
Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»
This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»
Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»
Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»
Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»
Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»
Post a Comment