5.05.2006

Dave and I in front of the Chateau Frontenac.
(how romantic!)

Today

Today was smashing...except for the extreme rude guy. This guy comes up to us in the latin quarter, and wants to know if we want a caricature done. So I ask him for an example of his work. So he says he doesnt have any with him because they are up with his booth in the Rue de Tresor. But then he goes off about how each one is so different anyways because he forms them around our look, our demenor, our personality, and any puns that can be made with our names,any songs that come to mind and the like.So after a while of his rambling I say No Thanks, and he goes. Well, Sorry for giving you an example (Sarcasticman) and he whips around and stalks away. I was left mouth agape, I wouldnt have been more surprised if he had spit on us really. grrrrr. Everyone else has been awesome though.

So apparently I dont understand english. But Dave does, so its all good. We went to the Citadelle, which is where the 22th regiment is stationed. Its in battlefield park in just outside Old Quebec. So we go it, and this tour guy comes up to us and speaks in french- no problem. Then in English he says " Better in English?" but I heard "Better Than English?" So I said NO meaning I speak better english than french. So he went off infrench- no problem. Later we run into him again and Dave asks him a question in english..and he was SO confused because he thought we didnt speak any english..see the above discrepancy! If the whole conversation would have been in french we would have been fine!

Tonight Dave and I went to "Le Lapin Sauté" and Yes- that means the sauteed rabbit. This was our fancy dinner of our little vacation so we wanted to do something really french but not too touristy. WE went to this little place, inside it was really cute with sayings painted on the wall and dried flowers and the like hanging from the ceiling. There were maybe 12 tables onthe inside? Apparently you are supposed to have reservations but the guy made an exception for us ( I think it was because I talked to him in french instead of in english). That guy seated us and spoke to us in french and then the other waiter came over and spoke to us in english - which is a little frustrating but oh well. The other guy would come over from time to time and talk to us infrench so that was cool. Anyways- we had an awesome dinner with filo wrapped brie and apples and also salad to start, then we had the rabbit duet for our main course. The rabbit had an apple sauce and a mustard sauce. It was really good. Then for desert Dave had turtle pie and I had maple creme brulee- which was fantastic, andthen tea to finish! We also had a great berry wine with field berries floating in it. Such a good meal, andnow Im completely full! The second waiter started speaking in french at the end so that made me happy too!

Anyways that wasnt so intersting for you guys reading my blog, but thats ok. We had a really good night and thats all that counts. and If you really want to know, I have a blister on the bottom of my big toe, and I bought a little mouse figurine as a souvenir. Hows that for boring!?

Anyways- I should go, Dave is watching the anahiem colorado(?) game and getting depressed that it could have been the flames!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sare! I'm so happy you have a blog! Makes staying in touch a lot easier, I think. I have one too, which you should bookmark :-) www.xanga.com/lilredheadedteacher.

Anyways, thanks for the email, and yes, you can keep sending the email to that account. I check both mostly.

Just Tim said...

That’s awesome that you got such a unique meal. It would be boring if you talk us how you tried the chicken alfredo and Dave had a burger. If I ever travel across the country again I just may have to stop in Quebec now. Though I don’t speak French and I may actually get beat up for saying my version of pas the juice. But whatever.

DaveJenn said...

Rabbit . . . mmmm sounds delish. Jenn and I are trying to figure out what we can do for a date night with only $20, the options arent that endless! Keep the stories coming.

Geegee said...

When I think of rabbit it is always on a homemade spit over top of an open fire....like in the movies. How was it?

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»