4.10.2006

Wait for it...

So a couple of weekends ago Dave (fiancé, not brother) and Tim and I went home to help mom and dad move out of our big yellow house. I was doing pretty good until the moment when I walked upstairs and saw a big empty kitchen, dining room, and living room...and then the tears started to flow! I guess you always think that you will be able to bring your children to the place that you grew up. Now I'll just be able to to show them the outside. It was a good weekend all in all though. Tears for the old house, but smiles for the new house. It's very mom and dad and just after one day of unpacking it seems so homey. I guess it really is the people that make it a home afterall. My funniest memory was looking into the crawlspace and remembering how I used to tell my friends that the rocks that lined the floor were poisonous! That house held many a sleepover of giggling girls in its time. Time for new memories though. Mom and Dad seem happy with the new house though so thats what's important to me. ( Dave and I like it too though- so one day maybe we will look for something similar?!)

One highlight of the trip though... Im going to Québec this spring!! YA! I got a bursary to go to L'École Intérnational de français in Trois-Rivières for 5 weeks. Im super pumped, and awesome too is that Dave is going to go with me for a week before hand and we will travel to Montréal, Rivière du Loup, Dégelis ( where I lived a couple years ago) and to Québec City. He will go home after a week or so and I will stay for the next 5 weeks. Im really excited to show him a lot of my memories from living in Québec! I'm sure I will use this blog to keep everyone updated..but dont mind the french words that might pop up- it is an immersion program so English is out of the question while Im there.

This past weekend we went to Calgary so Dave and his Dad could go to a Flames game on friday night- and they won so they were very happy. Myself I spent friday night writing a paper...awesome. Oh well. We visited Dave and Jenn and played board games and the like and generally had a good weekend. Mmmm kettle corn. Whoever invented that sweet and sugary goodness..thankyou.

Other than that- nothing too exciting going on. Im almost done classes..YAY! But now that Im going to Quebec I have to get a ton of wedding stuff done beforehand..it will be a gong show Im sure!

And I havent forgotten him, but Im still looking for a good picture of Dave and I to put up on the blog.

Back to reading....note to self: Classes are ALMOST done...must still do homework...

3 comments:

Just Tim said...

is there such a thing as a "good" picture of dave? lol

Anonymous said...

ouch... i was just going to say, good job on the blog (which i now have finally updated myself on (i'm such a good best friend)) and well, procrastication is the other word for school if you look it up in a thesaurus (trust me i'm the pro... what am i doing right now??) alright, going to write that paragraph on the essay...

Erin said...

It's ok, Sarah, just choose a picture that YOU look good in. That's what I did... ; )