3.07.2007

Weddingness

I love weddings, I'm not such a fan of mingling but my method was perfected over the weekend at Tim and Erika's wedding ( by the way it was great!). I seek out someone to chat with while already in a conversation. So when the conversation comes to that awkward silence I then can seamlessly move on without standing alone and looking like a doofus. Important factor though, I always try to slide into a conversation where my husband is, or one of my family members. Its a great method! I now need to work on escaping a conversation. At one point during mingling time I was standing with two of my brother's friends who started talking about the oilpatch, and instead of making a seamless exit I definately stood there like a doofus madly scanning the crowd for an exit...then I was found out and I became the topid of converstation as I tried to run away. Nice going Sarah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That akwardness happens to me all the time. Particularly at school when I run into people I haven't seen in forever. I sometimes tell them I've got to run across campus or to the top floor of Mechanical Engineering (depending on location) to hand in an assignment. It's a good excuse, you should try it sometime.