3.29.2007

Life

I had the best customer at work the other day! She walks in, starts explaining what she needs, then stops and askes " Do you speak french?" So I say " Oui, je parle le français" And she was so so excited! Apparently she is from Quebec and has a hard time explaining what she wants in english. So we had a great conversation and I will have a steady customer on monday and thursday nights! And She is going to tell her other friends as well so thats awesome! I always get really nervous telling people I speak french because there is so much that I don't know, but at the same time this lady was so excited because she could finally express herself so that sentiment won over!

Tuesday night I had the worst class...or so I thought... My prof didn't show up until 6:20 and when they did show up it turned out to be a sub. A sub? Ridiculous I thought. Then I found out that we had to do our presentations in front of the sub. Whats the point in that? Anger. Then the other group who was supposed to present bowed out because the prof was supposed to bring them a projector. So it was only us. So amidst the anger and general grumbling we did our presentation... Only to have one guy totally change his point of view in the middle of his part, and for another guy to just suddenly decide he didn't want to say what was planned which pretty much ripped an important section right out of the presentation. Awesome. Then another girl got so nervous she could not get her words out for the life of her ( for the record I don't blame her, I understand the horrors of public speaking) but everything was just crumbling apart. So then the class gets into a discussion about our presentation and suddenly the sub turns into a much better prof than our actual prof! He guided the debates, he shut up that one annoying guy who is inevitably in every class, and he was full of great points of view. Its a good thing we didn't have him earlier or our actual prof might have a revolt on her hands. He was kinda mean at first..but people were walking out of class right in front of him...and it wasnt his fault he was 20 minutes late as our prof forgot to tell him about the change in classroom. But, he told us not to be surprised if she asks us to do our presentation in front of her next class. That is garbage I think. I was so mad about doing the presentation with the sub, I got over it, but I thought that was fine, he would mark it and thats the way it goes. but Nope. We may have to do it again. Thats ridiculous.

So I went to the dentist yesterday. Ultimate phobia. I was so worried about it that I got myself all worked up about it in my dreams and was sick the morning of. As soon as I walked into the office the tears started flowing, then when I sat down in th e chair they had to give me some time to calm down and breathe. They had to do that a few times actually. Man- it gets worse as I get older. I used to hate the dentist but never this much. I honestly feel it is ridiculous but I honestly can't help it. I can think good thoughts, not think about it at all, or clear my mind...but as soon as I walk in that door thats it. Its all done for. So in the end I got a small filling and he sliced off part of my gum so yesterday was liquid diet day. Thank goodness I feel 100% better today! Guess when we have kids Dave will be the one taking them to the dentist!

4 comments:

Just Tim said...

Wow! Rip off with the presentation! At least the Prof turned out to be half decent. But what’s the point in sending the sub if you will just have to go through it all anyway? Was that the Apostles creed presentation, by any chance? Sounds like your group need a good swift kick if you ask me, but whatever.
As for the dentist thing… I think we have already discovered our family is no good when it comes to empathy, so maybe I should just say nothing. Love ya anyway Sarah

Erin said...

I kind of like the dentist. Am I weird?

Avey said...

The dentist thing is SO FUNNY! I wish I could see you. I don't think it's weird at all though. That's how I am when I have to get a haircut. I've never cried, but I've gotten so worked up and freaked out that I was literally shaking in the waiting area. That's pretty wierd I think. And if I were you I would refuse to do the presentation over again. But, I also go to art school where you can actually get away with things like that.
And you guys get subs in university?
I've never heard of that before, I thought they just cancelled class...

Sarah said...

I had never heard of it either!