3.14.2007
University Runaround
Sometimes I wonder if it could be any more of a run around to register for classes. I've always been enrolled in an actual program so I've never had any problems. But this time around Im in Open Studies because you can't enter the After Degree Program until September rolls around. So fine, whatever. BUT the tricky thing is that as a student in open studies you also cannot register for education classes. So that means that Ive had to call the offices and admin and such and figure out how I can take these classes...otherwise there is no point to being in school this semester at all. So turned out that I could register for january...at the very last minute, I got last dibs, but was lucky enough to get what I wanted. And I couldnt register online, or by phone, I actually had to go into the office. What a waste of a trip to go when I could have done the same thing over a phone line. For some reason they have to see your actual body to make sure that all is kosher. So anyways, for spring session I figure I could do the same thing, wait until the last minute, then register. The problem is that ed classes are few and far between during the spring session....and I have to wait until April 2nd to be able to get in. The lady on the phone pretty much told me I have no chance of actually getting in. Awesome. So that means I have to find a couple courses of anything really, I need to take 2 classes in order to make a full semester. Its frustrating because at this point I might have to take Spanish ( which would actually be fun) or something else that doesn't actually fit into my degree, so I would be taking a course just to take a course. This completely drives me crazy. I wish they would just consider me an education student considering Im accepted for september and the only reason Im in open studies is to at least get a jump on things and work towards that. Nope- Im just a lowly non education student. Apparently I don't count.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The university eats butt. But Spanish is awesome!
the u does eat butt!
so does my school!
they just removed a class from my degree because they have no one to teach it next year. but i am already taking it. and it blows! hard!
boo school administration!
...argh...I also sit in frustration with ya on that there are these classes offered next year that I need and want to take and I might not get in and so I sit here not knowing and wondering if I'll finish when planned...so stressful...however, I too will probably end up taking Spanish as well...for pretty much the same reason as you...yay.
good luck!
Post a Comment