6.08.2006

Spectacle Spectacular

Ok maybe it wasn't that good but there were some amazing parts and then some not so good parts. Not so good being the morbid play involving a drunk girl, a shakespear wannabe, a goth, a corpse, and other random caracters. The Average being our musical performances as ...well everyone was confused basically. Christina and I got made fun of because while we were up on stage singing we just kept laughing at eachother really. Apparently there was a rehearsal last night that we didnt know about, so they changed a bunch of stuff in the songs...so we were basically lost. Awesome! Oh well it was fun. The Good was the dancing bits, there was some random modern dance, some awesome hip hop, and the 4th best haki sacker in canada (amazing) Folk dancing went off without a hitch too- we figured it all out in the afternoon so we were not nearly as lost as we usually are. Lets just say it involved 8 girls one boy and a Québec flag. How can you go wrong? Sorry- probably won't post any of those pictures considering my butt was to the audience most of the time! The Awesome involved the solos and the two guys who wrote their own songs. If I ever figure out how to do links and such I will post the video of my friends Neil and Wendy practicing.

After the spectacle we went to the Beer Store. Yup. I have honestly never seen such a selection of beer in my life. I was pretty impressed. Evan bought Le Lapin- Mexican Jalepeno beer, Paulie bought some quebecoise beer that he likes a lot and they also bought a bottle or two of Trois-Rivieres beer...which was discusting really. It had chunks of yeast. Even Graham- our local beer connasseur ( sp??) was not such a fan. It was described as having a peanut-butter smell, citrus taste, and vomit aftertaste. mmmm. Anyways- we hung out and went out to the dix-douze afterwards for some dancing...but we were there for approximately 8 minutes before my roomate realized she was too drunk to stand up...so I took her home and put her to bed. Oh and apparently I hang out with drunken monkeys becauase the dix-douze is a quansit shaped building and Graham and Paulie took a running start and succeeded in making it up all the way to the top ( and back down again without killing themselves (which is excellent)). It was a good night all in all though, hanging around drunk people is entertaining enough.

Right so I just finished my final exam, which I didn't study for, and I have to go back to class soon to watch the other videos. Then lunch, then my other exam. Yay.

Thats all for now,only two days to go! I should really think about packing up- Ive been trying to think of things that I can just leave here so I won't have to carry it all home with me. So far I've only come up with 1. The bathing suit that I hate 2. My fairly empty shampoo bottles. Something tells me my bags are going to be very full.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

only two days. sad sad sad. if only our plan to meet up had actually happened. oh well. next time we are both in quebec we will for sure have to party it up!