Halloween
Ug, the post halloween weight gain is upon us! So we live in an apartment, this means we didnt buy any candy to give out because surprise surprise there are no little trick-or-treaters to be had. So how did I end up with a giant bowl filled with lovely treats? Well, We gave out candy at work (800 kids or so came around) so my boss gave me the leftovers from that, which was only half a bag or so..not so bad..thought it would be all good, I would give them all to Dave to eat in his lunch. Note: to self- stop forgetting that you are a total candy fiend. Basically, if it is in the house, I will eat it, must stop bringing this stuff into the house! BUT very hard to carry out when no longer living alone!! Then we went shopping and of course all the candy is half price, so Dave wanted some sour candy (no word of a lie I actually resisted) but he got his way and we bought some, but only a pack of 12. WELL, that just started the flow of candy. Dave's mom bought us each a bag of candy, Reese for him, sours for me...then Granny gave us a big bag full ( and how much do I love twix?!) So basically, now there is a big popcorn bowl full of candy. And what do I do all day? Since I only have a part time job right now, I get to stare at it all day, rather unsuccesfully and end up eating it. NUTS! Oh well, I guess its part of the life rotation. Which starts with the New Years binge ( Ill start excercising tomorrow!) Then comes the spring break binge ( hey Im on vacation!) Then various exam binges ( Im stressed, give me chocolate) Then there is the celebratory end of school binge ( YA!! Summer is coming, I always lose weight in the summer!) Then comes the camping and other related such activities binge ( camping isn't real life, diets dont count) then its back to school binge time ( mom and dad just stocked up my cupboard!) and then we are at the Halloween binge (refer to above rant) and of course there was Thanksgiving and such but that doesnt really count because pumpkin is a vegetable. And of course then there is Christmas ( How much chocolate can fit in one stocking?) . Now there isnt a single one of you out there who does not know what Im talking about! Add in various other celebrations and minus a few school related binges for those of us who are not in school and you have a yearly cycle. Just thought I would analyze it!
So..back to doing useful things with my time...
11.05.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You know the freshman 40 people tend to put on when they go to school? There is a similar newly married phenomenon like that too I think... like the newlywed 9... or something :)
hey good call on the pumpkin being a vedgetable I never even thought of that. Course I've never really been too concerned with excuses where pumpkin pie is concerned either.
Best rant ever! And it couldn't be more true either!
Post a Comment