I had a great bridal shower in GP this weekend. The weather was so nice, if not a tad bit too hot, but it was in the backyard at the Dutove's and they have an awesome backyard so it was really nice.
Now I fully understand the awkwardness of opening gifts in front of so
many people! I was really lucky because everything I got was really nice, it was sweet! Now the dilemna is whether we can crack them open and put them to use already or not? I'm really lucky to have such generous friends and family.
So we said NO Games for the shower but MOM apparently had something else just as embarassing up her sleeve.
Sometime before the gift opening some lady comes to the door dressed like a man, with a potbelly, and a beard, and a mandolin, a newfie license plate, and of course a flower for me. I could not believe it. This lady went off about her being my pen pal from grade 3 ( and of course Im searching my brain for which penpals I had, me loosing my mind and thinking she is serious) goodness gracious. Well- then she goes off about how she wants to win my heart back becuase she heard that I was coming off the market pretty soon! So she takes out her mandolin ( which she/he "bought at the pawn shop down the street and dont know very well how to play yet") and she/he serenaded me with this newfie song called "Sarah" which my friend Heather
would sing to me like every two days in quebec!! Oh my goodness. I was beet red and killing myself ..and it was 35 degrees outside but it felt like it had doubled! So when she was done she asked it maybe she had a chance? But I said I thought I was pretty much taken. So she says- oh well, I have a few other penpals here in alberta, Ill go see if I can win them over! SO EMBARASSING!! But it was so funny and I dont think Ill be forgetting that shower anytime soon!! Oh goodness!

Where in the world did Mom find bilingual dishclothes?! They're Awesome!!

This is where Jody finally explained to me the logistics of a very fun, cool chinese food set! Ohh there's chopsticks in the bottom!

The intoduction...
The followthrough...
And then the confusion! Where in the world did she come from?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment