2.27.2009

Back to School

So- the last couple days I have been at teacher's convention. It is basically like listening to 7 speakers over two days. Basically like going back to school. I've always liked school- so for me it was nice to just sit and relax and let someone else do the speaking. I went to a couple good sessions- some humorous ones with Phil Calloway- and some french ones- and some behaviour management ones. I've always liked school- but I was always the sit back and listen person- not the participator. I found going into a French games session kinda like being back in school when the teacher calls on your name. It always made my heart beat and I would get really nervous. I was even nervous when I raised my hand to volunteer an answer! Today we had to play a counting game in french, and I know my numbers by now of course...but she had us counting in multiples of three and I've never been strong in math. Talk about affective! (Yes I meant affective not effective). I was nervous, my heart was beating, and I counted ahead to when my turn would be so that I made sure that I had the right answer. If you got it wrong then you were eliminated...although that would have solved the problem! Maybe next time I'll have to be "out" on purpose...
Anyways- now I'm back to planning. I have a sub coming in on Monday for me- so I have to get things ready. Gah. I don't even know if they will speak french or not!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Sarah! you should never want to be out on purpose! What would you say to your kids if they did that? P.S. What a good game to play! with them maybe? wink wink! ttyl.