2.08.2009

Real Life

So I was hired for a teaching position within a week of applying. That means that in reality I was hired on a Wednesday and I went to work on the Friday (two days later). This also means that I have had very little time to plan. I'm feeling overwhelmed at the amount of work that I have to do, and at the number of kids I have to get familiar with. Some days I cry, others I'm angry, and others I'm just happy to have made it through the day. I've had the emotion of wanting to quit, I've wanted to stay, and everything in between. I feel for the kids though. They have been abandoned (unintentionally) and they just want some stability and some support. I'm seeing it first hand. It makes me want to stay and be there for them as long as I can. But let me tell you- this is insane. I just need to make it through the week- that's as far ahead as I can manage to look right now. Here is me, keeping my chin up!

No comments: