2.22.2009

accomplishment

It is such a weird feeling. Accomplishment comes in many ways, shapes and forms. It is 12:44 a.m. on a Saturday night/Sunday morning. I've been planning for 4-5 hours and I feel good. I mean of course I'm really tired right now. But I also have a good 1/3 of a very large unit planned. It is only for one grade ( I teach 4) however it is a good chunk of work that needed to be done. I still have a lot of day to day work- but the plan allows me to see when I'm going and what steps need to be taken next for my students to be able to succeed when it comes time for assignments and tests. Without the prep- then what happens? I go insane... and they fail! Not so good.

Another great thing today was meeting with a teacher and planning out a unit for the grade 6's that I basically had no idea what to do with. Today we photocopied a million resources, and wrote up the major project that comes at the end of the unit. Once we had our task then we could see what we needed to build up to it, and the pieces that come in the middle. Again- shall I sing it? " I can see clearly now....."

It was a great day! Here is to more accomplishments tomorrow!

PS- Happy 30th big brother!!

1 comment:

The Dolskys said...

You get more done in a say than i do in a year...