2.03.2007

Oh Fine. I guess I will write another entry considering Jamie tagged me! I guess its what I deserve after having read everyone elses blogs and had a good laugh! Here we go...

5 Random Things about Me


1. I love candy. Not chocolate. Not chips. But good ol' candy. Sour Candy to be exact and sour soothers to be even more exact. To be even more exact I love the kind that is sectioned into 3 parts, not the two color sections, the three. And when I say "ol" I mean "ol". I love hard stale candy. I dont like gummy soft squishy things. Give me a rock hard break your teeth kind of candy any day! When I was getting my 3 dollar allowance back in the day the first thing I would do was go to the store and buy an Archie comic and sour candy. Now to this day, if I pass any sour soothers in the bulk section, I must must buy them. What can I say? Some people smoke, some people chew gum...I eat rock hard sour candy.

2. I have a serious phobia of the dentist. Not kidding, once when I was in college my brother intercepted a phone call from the dentist about an appointment I had in a couple days. He conveniently forgot to tell me until about 4 in the afternoon the day before my appointment...we were in the mall...I proceeded to burst into tears. Good times. I last went to the dentist in August...and proceeded to cry in the dentist chair. Not sobbing hicupping crying, just calm " I hate being here and I loathe you and your metal tools" tears.

3. I am very anal about very stupid and silly things. But, I will not give these things up. For instance, I banned my family from putting ANY programs on my computer when they were using it while I lived in Quebec. Yet...I put tons of stuff on it. Somehow I feel that other people's junk will take up more space than my own? I also hate it when other people put their shoes on top of mine. If there is not enough room at the door, just move them! ( the joys of roomates ) Dont put your shoes on mine! And another- its stupid and silly but drives me crazy. My brother David has a lovely habit of saying " Sac LE bleu" instead of "sacRE bleu". I know i shouldn't care, after all he doesnt even speak french. It just drives me up the wall.

4. I follow a very strict protocal when buying movies. Basically I have to have seen the movie, at least 5 times before. I gauge the goodness of a movie by the amount of times I have rented it...then I may buy it...IF its under 10 dollars. Maybe. There is a way better chance of me buying it for under 5 dollars but again....Maybe. And I must see the potential in watching said movie another 5 times..if not 10 times. Therefore, I have about 15 movies in my collection. My collection is also not allowed to mix with Dave's collection of about 400 movies. * see point number 3 above regarding being particular about stupid things.

5. I really get a kick out of a certain uncontrollable habit of my husband. This is more about my husband than me obviously...Dave cannot and I mean CANNOT sneeze less than 4 times in a row. And big huge loud sneezes at that. His average is 4 times, but I have heard him sneeze up to 7 times in a row. By the end he has usally succeeded in making himself completely dizzy if not almost knocking himself out. (Its great and highly entertaining!)

So thats me! Now who is next for tag? I tag Brother Dave and Natalie. Your turn to write about your random selves. (Although in case of Jenn going into labour, Brother Tim will become pinch typer)

12 comments:

DaveJenn said...

What about how the family says Cue-beq instead of Quebec? Or 'Je suis ne pas,' translated into 'pass the juice?' And as a matter of fact Jenn is in labour so Tim will have to pinch type . . .

Anonymous said...

I love your random things! I definatly remember eating sour soothers with you at work, yes, I love the hard candies too..but I don't think as much as you! I love the sneezing thing too, I can't believe upwards of 7 times in a row- that's amazing. It reminded me that I sneeze everytime I chew a piece of Dentine Ice or Excel gum. Never fails!

Jody said...

Just so ya know Gran (Nene)loves hard candy too ex.you no that hard peanut stuff and stale coke.IM glad I dont take after her LOL.I like the chewy kind of candy.

Just Tim said...

Well I'm not entirely sure what I am supposed to "pinch type" but "je suis ne pas" is defiantly my favorite French phrase. Sarah your weird quirks have kept me entertained for years. i was going to give you a hard time about mocking your husband for a quirk that almost makes him pass out but I guess we did mock you for years about your "knee injury" that kept you from dancing we always thought was fake till the doctor confirmed it was a legitimate problem it so I suppose I should not really talk about being empathetic. Hope you still love us.

Just Tim said...

Well I'm not entirely sure what I am supposed to "pinch type" but "je suis ne pas" is defiantly my favorite French phrase. Sarah your weird quirks have kept me entertained for years. i was going to give you a hard time about mocking your husband for a quirk that almost makes him pass out but I guess we did mock you for years about your "knee injury" that kept you from dancing we always thought was fake till the doctor confirmed it was a legitimate problem it so I suppose I should not really talk about being empathetic. Hope you still love us.

Just Tim said...

Well I'm not entirely sure what I am supposed to "pinch type" but "je suis ne pas" is defiantly my favorite French phrase. Sarah your weird quirks have kept me entertained for years.
I was going to give you a hard time about mocking your husband for a quirk that almost makes him pass out, but I guess we did mock you for years about your "knee injury" that kept you from dancing. We always thought was fake till the doctor confirmed it was a legitimate problem it so I suppose I should not really talk about being empathetic. Hope you still love us.

Just Tim said...

Well I'm not entirely sure what I am supposed to "pinch type" but "je suis ne pas" is defiantly my favorite French phrase. Sarah your weird quirks have kept me entertained for years. i was going to give you a hard time about mocking your husband for a quirk that almost makes him pass out but I guess we did mock you for years about your "knee injury" that kept you from dancing we always thought was fake till the doctor confirmed it was a legitimate problem it so I suppose I should not really talk about being empathetic. Hope you still love us.

Just Tim said...

Well I'm not entirely sure what I am supposed to "pinch type" but "je suis ne pas" is defiantly my favorite French phrase. Sarah your weird quirks have kept me entertained for years. i was going to give you a hard time about mocking your husband for a quirk that almost makes him pass out, but I guess we did mock you for years about your "knee injury" that kept you from dancing, we always thought it was fake till the doctor confirmed it was a legitimate problem. So I suppose I should not really talk about being empathetic. Hope you still love us.

Just Tim said...

Well I'm not entirely sure what I am supposed to "pinch type" but "je suis ne pas" is defiantly my favorite French phrase. Sarah your weird quirks have kept me entertained for years. i was going to give you a hard time about mocking your husband for a quirk that almost makes him pass out, but I guess we did mock you for years about your "knee injury" that kept you from dancing, we always thought it was fake till the doctor confirmed it was a legitimate problem. So I suppose I should not really talk about being empathetic. Hope you still love us.

Just Tim said...

Well I'm not entirely sure what I am supposed to "pinch type" but "je suis ne pas" is defiantly my favorite French phrase. Sarah your weird quirks have kept me entertained for years. i was going to give you a hard time about mocking your husband for a quirk that almost makes him pass out, but I guess we did mock you for years about your "knee injury" that kept you from dancing, we always thought it was fake till the doctor confirmed it was a legitimate problem. So I suppose I should not really talk about being empathetic. Hope you still love us.

nat said...

You're tagging me?! I guess I shall rise to the challenge and try to think up 5 random things about myself. I just only hope they can be as entertaining as yours. And by the way...I think it's okay to be anal about little things that you care about...like your shoes. After all, other shoes on top will only ruin the shoes underneath. Anyways, stay tuned to my blog and I shall have 5 random things about myself up soon. Thanks for tagging me...I am honored to be part of such an event.
bye!

Just Tim said...

Boy do i love looking like a retard! I can not for the life of me figure out how to erase all those posts i somehow made but whatever and I just figured out the whole pinch typer thing. Kinda slow sorry.