2.20.2007

Angriest Woman Ever ( No Exaggeration)

So Monday I worked the holiday and wasn't expecting anything grand from the day, you know, a couple normal customers, maybe a couple crazy ones. The usual.

Then SHE came in.

This woman is the angriest woman I have ever met. She has never directed her wrath at me thank goodness, but even being by her scares me. I'm exceptionaly lucky because not only does she come to our store, but she takes the same bus as me! Usually if it is just the two of us at the bus stop I will get as far away from her as I can and sometimes make a phone call on my cell just so she doesnt start yelling at me.

Having walked into our store she walked up behind this shorthaired lady and yelled " Well don't move or anything" " Its not like you are in the way at all" " Dont worry about getting out of the road at all" and this little unassuming lady says "Sorry I didnt realize I was in the way" and she moved like 4 feet over.

Angry Lady keeps yelling at her " Its not like you could get out of the road or anything, your taking up the road, what do you think you are doing?" so little unassuming lady moves over another 10 feet just trying to get the hell out of the store and the hell away from this angry woman.
She is scared to death, I am scared to death, my coworker is scared to death.

She keeps yelling " Yes, keep on going there, get out of the way, MOVE". So by this time this little unassuming lady has bolted from the store and our store, which by the way was very busy and full of customers, has come to a complete standstill. Everyone is shellshocked and could not believe what was happening.

So finally Angry woman stops yelling but she keeps coming further into the store. I am just praying at this moment. " Im sorry Lord, I know I should be nice to this woman, I can't imagine what has happened in her life to make her this angry...but please please please make her go away!" I was petrified.

She sucessfully scared ALL of our customers out of our store. All of them. And my co worker and I were stuck there just praying that she would not start yelling at us, and I was praying that I would not have to kick her out of our store. ( She has been kicked out many times in the past).

Finally she left. We breathed sighs of relief as the scariest10 minutes of our lives were over.

This lady is Angry. She is also about 75 years old, wears a babushka, and uses a walker.

6 comments:

Just Tim said...

That lady really does sound like the scariest person ever. I think being yelled at from a walker is even scarier than being yelled at from a wheelchair. What are you supposed to do? At least if they can stand on their own two feet you can imagine someone knocking them in the nose or something. Maybe you could get granny to come in and yell at her, she could probably do a good job.

Anonymous said...

When do you work this week Sarah? And what is the name of the store you work at? Last time I went to surprise you at work because you had blogged a bad day and I went all the way to Bonnie Doon to learn that you did not work Naturalizer was a little embarrassing.

Amisha

Sarah said...

LOL, I work at Paush Shoes, its all the way down by sears in Bonnie Doon! I would love a surprise! I work thursday and friday night 5-9 this week!

Anonymous said...

wow sarah, i'm going to have to have an extremely terrible customer to top that one off! Did any of the customers come back?

Sarah said...

A couple did later, but they didn't buy anything so they weren't "real" customers anyways!

DaveJenn said...

Maybe you could throw shoes at her next time?