I'm almost there!
It has been a weird week. I went from covering all the classes to only covering the grade 7's and a couple health classes. Not to mention that today my mentor was not there so there was a substitute who is the mom of one of my friends! Weird! Anyways- so it is a weird week because I'm letting go. All my assignments are coming to an end, and the marking is just getting there. I'm trying to make all the photocopies I can without looking suspicious, so I try to space out my time in the workroom. I'm trying to clean out my work space, gradually take things home, while leaving only the essentials. Tonight I baked a couple lasagna's to cook for the staff for lunch tomorrow- just as a thank-you. I'm tired.
BUT- today was a good day too. I have this thing about not liking sports. They have never been enjoyable for me. I get nervous and I think that everyone is looking at me (I know I know, the world does not revolve around me!) and I have asthma and generally just don't like exercise. So today was the volleyball game in the gym at lunch (student teachers versus the girl's volleyball team) and I was nervous just thinking about it. In fact, I spent most of my morning dreading the whole thing. But then, I changed into my yoga pants and tshirt- put my running shoes on..and went to the gym. Only to be greeted by kids screaming and cheering when I walked in! How cool is that? Myself and a couple other student teachers started passing the ball around, which went rather badly I might add. But we got a little bit of practice at least! And then the game started...and I had to serve first! AHH! But over the net it went (overhand and everything) and the game went on from there. I was pretty impressed with our skills in the end. We didn't lose too badly! Only 29-24 for the girl's team! The scoring wasn't even lopsided! The great thing was that whenever one of us (Student teachers) went to serve the ball all the kids started chanting our names. It was so much fun, non-competitive (just the way I like it) and just awesome in general. What a good day!!
Tomorrow is my second last day... Wow.
12.10.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ok so maybe this makes me a bad brother... but since when did you have asthma?
I'm glad you had a great day though!
tim
Since forever apparently although I didn't go to the doctor about it until I was 18 after I passed out while climbing a mountain in Quebec...
Wow! passing out on a mountain was all that it took for you to see a doctor? jj
Well I don't feel quite as bad then since it happened after we were out of the house.
Can it be my last day too?
-Erin
Ok... Poof!
Post a Comment