4.01.2008

Well Done!

People studying education are among the most annoying people I know (drama majors especially). All they do is complain about the lack of jobs (??) and the amount of networking that is necessary to get a job. Oh that and the fact that you can't get hired at a CATHOLIC school if you are not Catholic (Shocking). So I'm sorry if I have complained without cease to you about any of these subjects! Something that baffles me is the general lack of respect for my prof in my ethics course. People are constantly having full-on conversations while she speaks. Now, I have talked previously about this one guy in my class who is very intelligent, very into questioning the establishment, and anti-consumerist...he also makes his views known constantly, so much so that I can pretty much guess where each class discussion is going to turn. He often has good points, as much as I cringe listening to him, and is very passionate about what he believes. However, he is unwilling to even consider the faith point of view in any science vs. religion debate. Well today, I had nothing but respect for him as he interrupted the class and yelled, " Hello? How about a little respect around here? I mean, really, listen to the prof, this is so disrespectful. Geez"

You could just see the shame hovering in the room. Kudos dude, Kudos.

2 comments:

DaveJenn said...

Idiot undergrads. Seriously! (You are excluded from the insult!)

Sarah said...

I would hope so! Seriously , insult me on my own blog..that is just dastardly!