Sunday night I was so excited that I would be able to sleep in on monday morning. However, I forgot until about one in the morning that I had to get up at 6 am and register for classes. So I didn't get as much sleep as I thought that I would...and as I sat at the computer in all my pajamaed glory I discovered that I was supposed to enroll tuesday morning...not monday. Arg.
SO.....I got up on tuesday morning ( after two hours sleep caused by my tendency to procrastinate added with my desire to get a really good mark on the assignment I was working on) and opened beartracks and typed in all the codes for the courses I want for the fall semester. Thats when I discovered that I could only get into 1 of 4 of the courses I absolutely must have for next semester! Apparently my "enrollment appointment" wasn't "valid" for some unknown reason! So I had a slight panic attack because there is only 20 spaces in these classes I need. Solution? I went back to sleep for two hours and then got up and went to the U to meet with the department of secondary education. They helped manually enroll me in classes during my first practicum because there is a disconnect in the system due to my first degree and class requirements that I have for the After-Degree Program. I hoped they could figure it all out for me. Turns out I was the 4th person to come in that morning and there was something wrong with the system and not a single person could register for their APT that morning! Lucky for me, they had fixed the system right before I got there and Ta Da!! I am officially enrolled in the Advanced Professional Term (i.e. student teaching, french) and I will graduate in December! Finally!!
And now it hits me...Dave and I will have some major questions to start asking ourselves and the whole living in Edmonton situation...Do we stay? Do we move? How far do we move? Do I try to get a job in intended location before we move there, or wait until we move? What about Dave? Will he get a transfer? So many questions! *sigh* Goodbye life of living semester to semester...I will miss you!
3.26.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Sarah I know there are always problems with enrolling in classes and such but it seems to me that you have by far way more problems (though not of your own fault) than anyone else. glad you got it sorted out though.
Also
I think you should move to Whitecourt with dave and Jen. then everyone will be closer!
Surprisingly enough I have met with an advisor twice in all these years and I've made it through without any "actual" glitches...just ones I've convinced myself are big problems...and then they turn out to be nothing. Also..turns out I'm slightly overdramatic...
Overdramatic? I'm glad I'm not like that! ;) Lol...
lol...ok stressball!
ooo - how annoying! The other day I had to get up at 4:30 to go to work - already bad news - and somehow messed with my clock time rather than my alarm the night before to one hour earlier. SO at 3:15 in the morning I was dressed and all ready to go to work when Nathan got up and was like - what are you doing?
dang it!
It's nice keeping up with you from time to time!
Ahhh APT! Congrats in getting in to everything! At least we didn't have to live through the glory days of actually lining up in the Butterdome and signing up manually!
How about just you and Dave move to Whitecourt and tell us what its like?
Realize the more you shun it the more a reality it could become!
hahaha! Backfire!
Post a Comment