4.24.2008
I got a job!
Just a couple weeks ago I was thinking that I needed to spiff up my resume with volunteering and youth related activities. It was looking a little bare with just my stint in Quebec! However, then I got an urgent facebook message from my mentor teacher from my art practicum saying "CALL ME". So I called, and she told me she recommended me and my co-student-teacher for a position at the school for may and june!! Also, the position is normally only offered to APT practicum students but she recommended us because we work so well as a team and we were the best student teachers she had had! I was so excited to hear about the opportunity...and then I found out that they were interviewing four people for the two positions. Ug. So I went to every teacher I knew and asked for a crapload of advice, I practiced questions, wrote a resume, put together a makeshift portfolio and went to the interview. I was feeling good about the interview up until I walked out of the bulding..and then I felt awful and depressed about everything I forgot to say and needed some retail therapy (I'm such a girl, and thank goodness for gift cards!) I spent the next couple days under intense amount of stress just waiting for a phone call one way or another. So last night I got home from visiting the folks and found two messages waiting on the answering machine.."Hey Sarah. Its _____ calling. Just wanted to get a hold of you with regard to the job opportunity we have here and well, we might need some paperwork from you. I'll try you back again later." So I panicked... What does that mean?! Dave had to calm me down all night saying, they don't normally call you twice about paperwork if you didn't get the job! It was a stressful night. But I got the phone call today! I start next monday as a tutor/TA for junior high social and/or science!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Good job sarah.
Tim
Congratulations! So happy that you got the job!
-Erika
wooo hoooo. Congrats Sarah!! You will be great. I hope it is social...science is for nerds.
Congratulations, Sarah! I'm glad God always knows what he has for us. Yay for good surprises! :)
Hey congrats. That's fantastic! I hope your first week went well!
Post a Comment