10.05.2006

Married!

Ok so I know it's been forever since I have written, but finally here is a little something.
Dave and I were married on September 16th and the wedding was awesome. It was wonderful and I have no words. It was fun, exciting, nervewracking..but not stressful in the least! It was relaxing and definately busy. The day just flew by! The ceremony was beautiful, no one fell off the stage ( ahem *Tim) and I loved walking up the aisle and seeing my handsome husband standing waiting for me. You could tell he was nervous and also trying not to cry, it was so great, I couldn't stop smiling! Dad was relaxed and kept me calm as I was pretty excited beforehand! We officially became Mr and Mrs David and Sarah Kruger!
In between time we took photos at St. Andrew's center where there was a nice atrium. Fall is my favourite time of year and I was looking forward to outdoor photos but the weather didn't exactly cooperate with us! Oh well- it was fun anyways- And by the time we were finished I was starving! We arrived at the hall around 6 pm...only to discover that dinner wasn't until 6:30! So we showed up early to our own reception! Ooops! oh well, we got to chat with people beforehand so that was nice. Dinner was great, Tony did a great job as our MC and Marcus did an amazing job with all the decorations and such. The dance floor was beautiful as he had strung up prisms which hung from the roof! It was beautiful. The table runners looked great, and there was a surprise change to the seating plan ( again) but it all worked out well in the end. Mom and Dad gave us some Tshirts mom had put together, with Oilers on one side and Calgary on the other- it was pretty funny! All the speeches were great, it was really nice and relaxing. We did a slide show which was probably longer than it needed to be but whatever, it was still nice. The cake cutting turned out well, even though we ended up using a butchers carving knife with a big yellow handle! It was pretty fun. Then we danced all night! It was nice to dance and then go chat with people, then dance some more. The bouquet went to Erin ( who leaped over the little kids!!) and the garter went to the boyfriend of one of Dave's cousins ( after he took it off my leg with his teeth of course!) I loved wearing my dress all night, it was pretty comfortable, although I did need some bathroom help! ( thankyou Julia and Erin! We are REALLY close now...) Dave and I left around midnight I believe and it was really nice just to say goodbye to our families and have Tony make an announcement that we were leaving and just all in all really great.
Dave didn't tell me where we were going as it was a surprise but he took me to the Chateau Louis which was absolutely awesome. Marcus skipped out in the middle of our reception to go to the room and decorate it with white roses ( my favourites) and candles, champagne, and rose petals. It was wonderful! The jacuzzi was awesome after such a long day!
All in all I have fabulous memories about our wedding. Of course after the fact I realized small things like they forgot to put all the wine out, and there was no punch to drink which they forgot as well..but those are the small things. It's not what people will remember ( I hope!) Thanks to everyone who helped. What an awesome day!!

Oh and we don't have official pictures yet so there will be more posted as we get them! And if anyone has any photos they took themselves they could send me that would be awesome!

Honeymoon to follow...

7 comments:

Geegee said...

lovely day...lovely girl..thanks for posting pictures and a new blog entry...can't wait for more!

Erin said...

It was great, I can vouch for that. Sarah, I'll write you an e-mail soon. I'm sorry for being such a bad friend.

P.S. The bathroom thing is still hilarious to me. ; )

DaveJenn said...

What? You got married? How come nobody told me?

A J Craig said...

hey hey! Congrats Sarah and Dave. I feel kinda choked we werent able to be there... it looks like you guys had a great time, and I am just really happy for the both of you!

nat said...

Hi guys,
I must say it was a very beautiful wedding. Sarah, I'm so excited for you that you have found that special someone. Hope you guys are doing well.

Carla said...

YAY! You looked GORGEOUS, Sarah! I'm so excited to see more photos when you get them. Congratulations!!

Carla said...

oh - and AMEN for bathroom help! :)