2.17.2010
Accidental Pancake Day
So- I've been on a low-gluten "diet" for... 7 years ish?.. When I started I didn't find it to be difficult all- although there were always items that I craved and couldn't have. Now that I've been doing this for a while- I can now figure out how much gluten my body can handle. One thing that has always be difficult though is going over to other people's houses for dinner. I've been to a few dinners of pasta, lasagna, and sandwiches and have made it through ok. Somehow now, even in my own home- my background has caught up to me. When I was younger and in youth group, we were always in charge of the pancake dinner on Shrove Tuesday. Probably because 1) no one else wanted to do it, and 2) who can screw up pancakes? Anyways- Due to the gluten thing, I had not eaten pancakes in probably 4 years until I discovered the gluten-free variety. Like most things gluten-free, they were dry and tasteless...until I added grated granny smith apple and cinnamon. Still- they were not fantastic- just ok. I bought a different kind a few months ago and stuck the mix in the cupboard, but didn't make them because they leave something to be desired. Then, yesterday, somehow I felt like pancakes. I made them, ate them, actually liked them...and now I realize/Dave told me that yesterday was Shrove Tuesday. Too bad there wasn't any whipped cream and berries though! I guess the power of Shrove Tuesday is too much to be disregarded!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment