1.30.2010

Our New Digs... almost...

Finally- something is happening again with our house! We are pretty excited to move- even though we will still have to wait for 3-4 months (hopefully!). We moved out of our apartment last April- before we went on our trip to Europe. When we got back we intended on buying a pre-owned house but we just couldn't find anything that felt like us- and that we loved. And then we decided to tour a show home between house appointments....and we couldn't get the house out of our minds! So... we took the plunge and it was cheaper than most of the pre-owned ones with the same details. I LOVE this house...I wish the kitchen was bigger, but other than that..I love the layout. I loved picking the colors (even though I didn't get a free range) and I loved being able to customize certain things. I picked almost everything (In Dave's words- he didn't care as long as be got an oversized garage!). It was fun- although stressful and I go back to the show home every month or so to double check that it all indeed matches. Now we just play the waiting game... I'm not loving living out life in boxes...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sarah! What neighbourhood is the new house in?

Carla said...

Aww - how exciting though! I know - it's hard to be just waiting. We've been under contract on a house for 6 weeks already, and we're still waiting for bank approval since it's a short sale. It could still be anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months! AHH!
Your house is SUPER cute! Soon you'll be living in it! YAY!