So- our trip to Seattle was AWESOME. The first two days my bum was really sore, but after that it was all good. I'm wondering if the seat needed to be broken in?! Anyways- it was 37 degrees the first day and it steadily got colder until it was 8 degrees coming home at the end. It rained almost every day but for only part of the day so it worked out well. I could handle that. And it didn't pour too much. The worst day was also the best day of the trip. We went thru glacier national park and to the road to the sun in Montana. If you ever get a chance do drive this road..well it is unbelievable. You have to pay to get into the park and to drive the road, and it was about 25$ for the two of us. We went through the gates and pulled into the visitor center to get some rain gear on because we could tell it was raining through the mountains. As we were opening the trunks it all of a sudden started to GUST wind and rain! Dave and I scrambled to get everythiing out that we needed, but things were blowing out of the trunks and onto the ground and we were panicing to get it all together before we got soaked! Just as Dave was trying to hold things down on the ground, I accidently let go of the tickets that we had JUST paid for! So we were panicing as we could see it blow all the way across the parking lot! Dave took of and ran after it but we weren't sure that we would catch it! Thankfully it blew into a big field that had some bushes so it got stuck! After that fiasco we got all our gear on and set off on the road. It was raining and gusting 50 km/hour. It was insane...and yet...apparently I was really tired because I actually fell asleep for the first time on the back of the motorcycle! I woke up about 20 or so minutes later to a beautiful climb up the mountain and you could look off the cliff to green green mountains covered in mist. Don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful sight..but it was damn cold! Once we got to the top of the mountain and to another tourist stop, we were freezing so we decided to stop and put on more layers. So we each pulled our trunks off the bike, and went to the washrooms. It took me about 10 minutes to get off all my gear and open up the trunk...which turned out to be Dave's! So I had to get all my wet wet gear back on, go outside, find Dave, switch trunks, go back to the washroom, pull off all my gear again, open the trunk, find my extra layers, put them on, then pack up the trunk again and go outside. It was at least a half hour before all was said and done! We decided to stand in an alcove for a few minutes just to see if the rain would let up a little, and it did, so we decided to make a break for it and get going. We got on the bike and started off down the road....and then it stopped raining and the clouds literally cleared within seconds...and revealed the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. The photos do not even begin to do it justice. We stopped for pictures a few times along the way, and a random (but really nice) construction worker offered to take out picture for us! (of course, the road was under construction...just like every other road lately!) Check it out!
9.19.2008
Slowwwww
So I know it's been about a month since I've undated...but I don't really know if anyone reads this anyways...so...I guess it's ok!
So- our trip to Seattle was AWESOME. The first two days my bum was really sore, but after that it was all good. I'm wondering if the seat needed to be broken in?! Anyways- it was 37 degrees the first day and it steadily got colder until it was 8 degrees coming home at the end. It rained almost every day but for only part of the day so it worked out well. I could handle that. And it didn't pour too much. The worst day was also the best day of the trip. We went thru glacier national park and to the road to the sun in Montana. If you ever get a chance do drive this road..well it is unbelievable. You have to pay to get into the park and to drive the road, and it was about 25$ for the two of us. We went through the gates and pulled into the visitor center to get some rain gear on because we could tell it was raining through the mountains. As we were opening the trunks it all of a sudden started to GUST wind and rain! Dave and I scrambled to get everythiing out that we needed, but things were blowing out of the trunks and onto the ground and we were panicing to get it all together before we got soaked! Just as Dave was trying to hold things down on the ground, I accidently let go of the tickets that we had JUST paid for! So we were panicing as we could see it blow all the way across the parking lot! Dave took of and ran after it but we weren't sure that we would catch it! Thankfully it blew into a big field that had some bushes so it got stuck! After that fiasco we got all our gear on and set off on the road. It was raining and gusting 50 km/hour. It was insane...and yet...apparently I was really tired because I actually fell asleep for the first time on the back of the motorcycle! I woke up about 20 or so minutes later to a beautiful climb up the mountain and you could look off the cliff to green green mountains covered in mist. Don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful sight..but it was damn cold! Once we got to the top of the mountain and to another tourist stop, we were freezing so we decided to stop and put on more layers. So we each pulled our trunks off the bike, and went to the washrooms. It took me about 10 minutes to get off all my gear and open up the trunk...which turned out to be Dave's! So I had to get all my wet wet gear back on, go outside, find Dave, switch trunks, go back to the washroom, pull off all my gear again, open the trunk, find my extra layers, put them on, then pack up the trunk again and go outside. It was at least a half hour before all was said and done! We decided to stand in an alcove for a few minutes just to see if the rain would let up a little, and it did, so we decided to make a break for it and get going. We got on the bike and started off down the road....and then it stopped raining and the clouds literally cleared within seconds...and revealed the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. The photos do not even begin to do it justice. We stopped for pictures a few times along the way, and a random (but really nice) construction worker offered to take out picture for us! (of course, the road was under construction...just like every other road lately!) Check it out!









So- our trip to Seattle was AWESOME. The first two days my bum was really sore, but after that it was all good. I'm wondering if the seat needed to be broken in?! Anyways- it was 37 degrees the first day and it steadily got colder until it was 8 degrees coming home at the end. It rained almost every day but for only part of the day so it worked out well. I could handle that. And it didn't pour too much. The worst day was also the best day of the trip. We went thru glacier national park and to the road to the sun in Montana. If you ever get a chance do drive this road..well it is unbelievable. You have to pay to get into the park and to drive the road, and it was about 25$ for the two of us. We went through the gates and pulled into the visitor center to get some rain gear on because we could tell it was raining through the mountains. As we were opening the trunks it all of a sudden started to GUST wind and rain! Dave and I scrambled to get everythiing out that we needed, but things were blowing out of the trunks and onto the ground and we were panicing to get it all together before we got soaked! Just as Dave was trying to hold things down on the ground, I accidently let go of the tickets that we had JUST paid for! So we were panicing as we could see it blow all the way across the parking lot! Dave took of and ran after it but we weren't sure that we would catch it! Thankfully it blew into a big field that had some bushes so it got stuck! After that fiasco we got all our gear on and set off on the road. It was raining and gusting 50 km/hour. It was insane...and yet...apparently I was really tired because I actually fell asleep for the first time on the back of the motorcycle! I woke up about 20 or so minutes later to a beautiful climb up the mountain and you could look off the cliff to green green mountains covered in mist. Don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful sight..but it was damn cold! Once we got to the top of the mountain and to another tourist stop, we were freezing so we decided to stop and put on more layers. So we each pulled our trunks off the bike, and went to the washrooms. It took me about 10 minutes to get off all my gear and open up the trunk...which turned out to be Dave's! So I had to get all my wet wet gear back on, go outside, find Dave, switch trunks, go back to the washroom, pull off all my gear again, open the trunk, find my extra layers, put them on, then pack up the trunk again and go outside. It was at least a half hour before all was said and done! We decided to stand in an alcove for a few minutes just to see if the rain would let up a little, and it did, so we decided to make a break for it and get going. We got on the bike and started off down the road....and then it stopped raining and the clouds literally cleared within seconds...and revealed the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. The photos do not even begin to do it justice. We stopped for pictures a few times along the way, and a random (but really nice) construction worker offered to take out picture for us! (of course, the road was under construction...just like every other road lately!) Check it out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Which seat needed to be broken in Sarah, your's or the bike's? The trip looks like it was amazing.
LOL- probably a little of both! It really was amazing. The whole trip was great, this was just my favourite day!
I still read it! Although I already knew your story!
Beautiful pics!
It looks so beautiful! -Erika
Post a Comment