Well, I've been "advised" to update my blog. Man, I used to be so good at this! Lately I've been feeling slightly drained though. I'm working two jobs, the first of which can be exhausting, and the second is easy peasy but still requires high energy if I don't want to crab out the customers. Sometimes I find I get so tired of those ladies who have nothing to do but buy insane amounts of shoes... and try on everything in the store. And then there are those customers who I am humbled by. The little old ladies who get a huge smile on their faces when the shoe fits just right. The lady last week who had to buy 4 pairs of shoes in order to get two pairs because she had a size 7 foot and a size 10 foot. I get so tired of the women who come in with their mothers and try to talk them into something "pretty" that will not work for their feet. And then they refuse to believe that I know what I'm talking about. Eventually they get the picture and they buy the shoe that fits. I'm also tired of the well-intentioned daughters who buy shoes for their elderly mothers that the mother doesn't want. One thing you have to realize about these little old ladies is that they have been wearing their shoes for ever and ever and if they don't think they need new shoes then they will NOT wear new shoes. Its just a fact of life. So much that I no longer even attempt to tell them that its healthy to replace their shoes. They will just return them anyways.
As for the TA job, its going well. I have learned more about Word than I learned in my entire university career thanks to the skills of my co-TA! Today we spent hours re-creating the images in a text-book for a tutorial answer key for the grade 8's. Good times. Its funny, I know this stuff needs to be done, but I was tired at looking at the computer screen today. However, as one of the teachers said, this is the kind of thing that benefits the most amount of kids. We can only pull-out so many kids at a time for individual attention, but this kind of stuff goes home with them to study with (if they even study). But, I enjoy to break-up the monotony. I am also skilled at using the HUGE photocopier, I can unblock jams, replace the staple cartridge, copy 2-1 and 1-1 and 2-2, collate, hole punch, and staple all at the same time. What an amazing machine...if only they were not thousands and thousands of dollars...I would buy one! On the downside (which makes it sound like the upside is photocopying... it so is not), the school has been freezing lately. Its at the point where its too warm to wear dress pants, but its too cold for capris. So frustrating. I know, I know, the trials. My life must be so hard. LOL
Well thats it for me for right now. I'm pooped and need a good nights rest so I can get through the rest of the week, the weekend at shoe store work, and then back to TA work on monday. *sigh*
Oh wait- upside...we are going to Seattle in August ! Whoo hoo!!
6.11.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm jealous of your copier skills Sarah. I burnt my finger trying to get a jam out of our copier at work the other day.
wish i know what it meant to copy 2-1, 1-1, 2-2
good update!
size 7 and 10 feet?? weird!
Copy skills are hard to come by, huge accomplishment. I spent 2 and half years trying to figure the one out at work and I never did.
Post a Comment