6.27.2008

Last Day

Today was my last day as a TA. I have to admit it was bittersweet. It was a great experience working at the school. We spent the morning helping out in the library (greatest librarian every by the way) and then went for a staff meeting where we released some steam and threw around about 50 beachballs! The Principal was awesome, and put a beer and a starbucks card under everyone's chair! Of course, we couldn't drink the beer in the school, but it was awesome nonetheless. Reminded me of my days in Quebec...where every friday was beer day, however it was indeed consumed on the premises! Anyways- we spent a couple hours in the staff meeting...then moved downstairs for lunch where they had Opa! catered....so so so good. Lunch was also used as a thankyou event where we (among others) received a gift etc...and where I took the opportunity to thank the staff for being so welcoming, and also to announce that they should keep us in mind for future positions! LOL. Anyways, all is well that ends well and I got three awesome reference letters out of the deal. I'm happy to be finished, but I will miss it all the same. Go figure!

1 comment:

DaveJenn said...

Congratulations!!!

Hope your experience didn't harden you too much. I met a teacher last week who told me to keep Ava away from her because she was done with kids for the next eight weeks.