
On monday Dave and I got back from a weeklong trip to LA and San Diego! Now those of you who are familiar with my family, we are pretty low key, not too exciting and we love to camp. Now LA is definitely on the opposite side of camping! So Dave totally wore me out (to the extent that any prolonged travel in the rental car put me to sleep) but we saw lots and did lots and had a great time. One of the great things I've discovered about being married is that you are forced to do things you wouldn't ordinarily do...and then you discover you like them. For example, going to watch the taping of a sitcom...not ordinarily on my list! But actually it was quite fun other than hoping we were not going to be subjected to hypnotism (rumours were flying around in the lineup). Side note...this is where Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman was filmed. I used to love that show!
Also- Universal Studios...good times...other than the return of the mummy rollercoaster that I refused point blank to go on ( the thing goes forward, stops, and then does the whole thing again backwards...right sounds like fun...NOT) but Dave was fine with doing that on his own thankfully!What else did we do? We went surfing, which was awesome, and really hard, and I have a big scab on my knee where I biffed it into the sand constantly, and also a huge bruise on my thigh from the flying elbow of another rookie who fell off his board...but Im pretty proud of that one..which really means I was pretty proud I didnt fall over when he nailed me! Dave did an awesome job though and was standing on his board right off the bat! My attempts generally consisted of kneeling on the board attempting to stand up and then falling off, jamming my knees into the sand, then being taken out by the next wave just as I was trying to get up! Bad news though...worst sunburn ever... on my hands which is now the contender for worst place ever to get a sunburn( its in a tie with burning the line where you part your hair ..ladies you know what Im talking about).
Shopping...at the outlet mall...I love shoes! Ok I only bought one pair, and a purse..ok two purses. Dave got two pairs though so I didn't feel so bad! The prices were AWESOME!

We went to watch the dodgers play baseball...and it was a pretty uneventful game but we had a good time none the less. And we thought beer was expensive at hockey games? 10 bucks a glass there!


Seaworld was pretty cool we got to feed and pet dolphins and the really cool thing was petty the stingrays!...and its a good thing our rental car has a fancy key...the honking button really helped us find our car in the parking lot... good thing too. But at least we were not the only ones lost! There were a few others wandering around too!


We went and saw Jay Leno when Chris Tucker was on the show, it was really funny although I found the guy who warms up the crowd to be funnier than Leno actually was. There were some fighting monks in the audience and the warm up guy was pretty much afraid of them the whole time...good thing they didn't speak english!
We had sweet sweet hotels due to hotwire.com and it was awesome cheap. Vacation will never be the same! Too bad we were only ever in them between 1 am and 7 am! I had my first view of the hotel mini bar...and they even charge you to empty if if you don't want all that stuff in it! So we opted to empy it ourselves and lay it out in the same fashion it would be in the fridge so we could know how to put it all back. They packed it so full there wasn't any room for our snacks and wine!
We also rented a harley and drove around the canyon roads which was awesome. The rental guy was telling us to look tough in this one photo...but I kinda think we look like a bunch of dorks! Oh well. There is this place called the Rock Store ( the name makes no sense, dont even try to figure it out) in the middle of nowhere and there are hundreds of bikes lined up and down the road. It was really intimidating but fun to stop off there. Again...sunburnt my hands because I was taking pictures instead of wearing my leather gloves.... I also will never understand those little black helmets. Im glad I had my sunglasses with me, we are used to full faced helmets but the little half ones we had with the harley were slightly ridiculous..it took me like 20 minutes how to figure out how to breathe properly when the wind is taking your breath away driving 120...in fact its kinda like having an asthma attack. Awesome.


What else did we do? Man, everything. But Im glad to be home although I loved the weather we got, now its all rainy here. Oh well. Buh bye vacation...hello work and school.
8 comments:
I love the first and last pictures.
Wow...sounds like you had a fantastic time!!! Next time maybe we can join you???? I love the photos!
Was dave petting a stingray? isn't that the thing that killed steve irwin?
But looks like super fantastic time really! good job.
The stingray thing was awesome! They feel really wierd..Im pretty sure they were de-barbed though. We were a bit afraid until we saw all the 5 year olds petting them.
Wow Sarah, it looks like you guys had a wicked vacation! I would kill to see a sitcom filmed!
All we ever do is camp for vacations,
And I really hate camping.
LOL I love camping and probably could have traded a couple things we did for camping! The sitcom taping was pretty cool though I must say. I thought it would be pretty boring having to laugh at the same thing over and over but after you do it a couple times it actually does get funnier! And if you are not laughing hard enough at the line then they will change it to something funnier. Pretty cool.
Fun, Sarah! That's so awesome that you guys got to do that! Now I feel inspired to take off on a roadtrip. :)
Post a Comment