7.15.2007
I heart Costco
How much do I love Costco? Well often after working somewhere you get a bad taste in your mouth. I worked for Costco about 4 years ago and I generally don't like to revisit the GP location but I am still in love with it's policies. Take for example our situation. Dave bought himself a fancy widescreen tv long before we were married. You know, bachelors! So anyways, the other day the tv crapped out and the screen would turn bright pink and would freeze up and be generally broken. We looked all over for the receipt and couldn't find it...considering the purchase was a few years ago we were very much thinking we were screwed. BUT then Dave and his dad went to Costco to talk to them about the possibility of getting a new tv. Thinking they would have to fight for it they told the employee the story and then braced themselves....Well turns out that they have the receipt on file because all the receipts are on the system when they swiped your membership card! So good news or bad news first? Bad news...we have to go tv shopping! Good news? Costco is giving us an instore credit for the tv! They won't give us the cash because we don't have our copy of the receipt.. but imagine if we did! No hassles no nothing. So now we found a new tv we like that is cheaper than the original because LCD screens have come down in price and now we will have some extra cash to put towards the laptop we are saving for! Awesome! And no worries about buying another tv there because they obviously stand behind all the products they sell! Whoo hoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sweet! see I would have just tossed the thing and cut my loses but not dave! what a guy!
That's awesome. I bought Mark a digital Camera from costco awhile back and threw it in my purse when I went out one night. (hadn't actually gotten around to buying a case yet). When I pulled it out to take some pictures I discovered that the LCD screen was absolutely SHATTERED. No problem, Costco took it back and it was totally my fault.
they stand behind their product and feed the customers. Win win
New post new post new post new post ... oh you're in LA, never mind!
Post a Comment