Weekendness
So this weekend Dave and I went to Calgary. It was all good, probably would have been a whole lot cooler if my brother and sister in law were actually there with us instead of in edmonton! We did the big switch on friday night where we stole their keys and then crashed in their apartment for the weekend. We went to the wedding of Tim and Joanne Wray and it was absolutely beautiful. I could not imagine a more beautiful wedding. It was outside on the lawn at the Cochrane Ranche House ( yes with an e at the end). They walked in to the music of the Rawling Brothers ( famous in Lutheran circles) and then stood at the front of the lawn which looked out over a beautiful valley with mountains and all. Then the kicker...the girls walked in from the side of the hill, taking a little beaten path though the trees. It was almost magical. Wow! It was the nicest wedding I have ever been to. The weather was beautiful, they are so in love, and surrounded by friends and family. Our location for our wedding isn't quite the same, but we will be hugely blessed if it works out as well as Tim and Joanne's did. Congratulations to the both of them!
So now Im back at home, I should be pulling out photos for the slide show, but its hard to tell myself to work! I should be doing a million little things, but we will settle for one at a time. Talking over the wedding planning situation with a few others this weekend really solidifies the conclusion that planning a wedding is a ridiculous amount of work. I dont know how some people do it. Im pretty lucky to have a well paying job that I can work part time at while Im planning and while I was going to school. Its all a bit ridiculous but fun at the same time. Im just glad this is something we will only have to plan once in our lifetimes!!
8.08.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad too. I think I only want to make purple cubes once!
ha ha!
Post a Comment