
Wedding Shower at Calvary!
On Sunday we went to a shower at the church that was thrown by one of the Kruger's good friends and by the sweetest lady you will ever meet in your life. We got there and I was so so nervous, and really that's not shocking considering being in crowds where I dont know everyone is not my favourite thing in the world! We walked into the room and were standing around a bit, I was still nervous and Alma ( the sweet lady) came up to us to welcome us and I was just shaking. All she did was chat with us, and she put her hand on my arm and just kinda stroked my arm and all of a sudden all my nerves were gone. That is the second time that she has just made me feel at ease in a nervewracking situation. She is a wonderful wonderful woman with a beautiful gift. Its like she seeks out people and just makes them feel at home. The first time was one day at chuch when I was not feeling like I belonged and she came up to me and said " Well Sarah, are you planning a shower for yourself or shall I d
o it?!" It was so great.Anyways- the shower, it was great, a good turnout, Granny, Deb, and Kathy even came too and Granny gave Dave the inevitable gift of a garlic press, a garlic peeler, and even garlic! His reaction was great, and Grannie's was even better. Guess he knows what a garlic press is now even if he had no idea just a short time ago. He will never live it down! We played some little games that were not embarassing at all, which was awesome..and yes I got to wear a beautiful hat! Susan made it for me and it had all these meanings for all the little things glued to it...ie measuring spoon, a sive, a bottle cap, a funnel, and a bunch of french stuff, and of course a little veil too! But it was funny because the Hansens gave Dave some beautiful Oiler tattoos which were promptly put on Dave's forehead! It was great. Good times. Time to get writing the thank you cards!!
Oh wait- I lied, there was an embarassing part...thanks to people who started the clinking of the glasses! I wasn't even thinking that that would happen..at a shower! I wasn't prepared...and then we kissed, and I promptly turned bright red!
2 comments:
Sarah you are too funny!! Alma sounds awesome. I’m glad to see you got some pictures of Dave wearing Oilers colors. Take it easy.
Tim<><
love dave's tattoo
Post a Comment