My blog name, well, it is pretty apparent that it is all about French. I love French. I love the language and the way that you can express yourself, especially in ways that don't even exist in English. There are certain words and expressions that just do not translate. While you can always try to "explain" what an expression means, it really just might be one of those things that you use in one language, and you just don't say in another! I love that aspect. French was always something that came fairly naturally to me in school. It was one of my favourite subjects (not due to the teachers I had though, although my French 30 teacher was phenomenal) for as long as I can remember. When people asked me what I was going to take in University, it was only natural for me to say "French!". I suppose I chose teaching as a profession because it meant that I could think/learn French for my whole career. I could have looked for a job which required bilingualism, but then the focus wouldn't be on the language itself. I love teaching, and I love when students ask me questions about the language, and when they get excited about their learning. I especially love it when they challenge themselves to go above and beyond.
I also think that people get too worked up about things. Like about what other people are wearing. It drives me up the wall when people comment about other people's clothing. Who cares? Is it making a big impact on your life? So I say "just be", chill, relax. This doesn't mean that I don't worry about things, or that I don't think certain things or have certain opinions. I would never choose to wear pure black with spikes and pink hair, but if you want to ....go for it. Knock yourself out- just try not to make a decision (tattoos etc.) that you may regret somewhere down the road. That is part of the mentality I "try" to have. I'm human though, surely I'm judgmental, although I don't like to be. The "subtitle" of my blog says "Strawberry blond, but sometimes I just want "to be"". This means that we all have labels, but we/I am more than just what you see on the outside. I just want the freedom to "be" or to "exist". This also does not mean that I've had a hard life. It just means "be". Live your life, have a good one... just "be". That's it. That's all.
PS: For those of you who are watching my capitalization, only the first word, or perhaps the first two words, are capitalized when writing a title in French. Hence, my titles. C'est la vie!
4.30.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Came over here by chance and was pleasantly surprised that you have been updating, I have some catching up to do. I have always wondered about your blog name. Makes sense now, I like it.
Post a Comment