I just spent the last twenty minutes going through my old blog postings... and either my life was more exciting then, or I just had more patience and inspiration to actually sit down and write. As of this moment, nothing too exciting is happening in my life, but I have a lot of marking to do... so I'm procrastinating as per usual. That is one theme that does continue throughout my prior blog entries! Anything I wrote about school generally had the word "procrastination" in it.. along with a description of what I was doing!
Hubby and I have been making a really great effort to cut down our spending since the beginning of January. We finally sat down and took a look at the specifics of what we were spending, and the big items were restaurants (when I'm too lazy to cook), multiple trips to the grocery store a week, and other random shopping trips (read: clothing, food, and house stuff). So, now, we try do one big shopping trip every two weeks, with one extra stop for weekly things such as bananas, sandwich meat, and milk. We rarely eat out, if we do, would be on a Wednesday when I stay late at work before we go to see Granny. And I have had so much work, that we don't go shopping much! (Plus, we spent a ton of money in Phoenix at Christmas so we don't need clothing for a while! (It was so cheap!)). However, a big expenditure is coming up, as we have been car shopping for the last month.
Oh yes, car shopping... I hate car shopping. We have tried so many different SUV/crossovers, it is ridiculous. We have it narrowed down to two now. Either the Nissan Rogue, or the Toyota Rav4. Everyone is telling me to get the Rav, however the big thing that absolutely drives me nuts is the fact that the door opens sideways and the tire is on the back. Can I deal with that?! The Rogue is awesome, we took it out on MULTIPLE super cold and icy days and it handles AMAZINGLY!! No sliding or anything. Plus, I kinda drove it into some monster piles of snow... and got it stuck... but got it out! Good sign. I like the Rogue more, but my concerns are the visibility (maybe you get used to it, like the old Aerostar van my parents had) and the trunk space. The trunk space is still larger than my car, but you can't stack two suitcases on top of each other because the door angles inwards. I like it better, but not too sure. It also has a backup camera, but if it breaks, how expensive is it to fix? ARG!!
That is more than I have written in years... guess that means I have procrastinated enough... back to work... ok ok... time to START work....
2.12.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment