I "think" I got the best compliment ever on Friday.
I had just finished teaching my last class of the day, in which we laughed so hard that we (or maybe just I) almost cried! However, the day before, the majority of the class didn't do their homework. Usually I simply tell the student to write a note in their agenda about the unfinished homework, and to get a parent signature on it. The next day I check their agendas for the signature. However, because such a HUGE amount of students didn't do the homework, I "kinda" yelled at them. However, I didn't just yell at them, but I yelled at them in ENGLISH! Being a French teacher, we speak ONLY in French, so this is a big deal. In addition to this, they had to write the note, get it signed, and come in for a detention at lunch. I thought they might hold this against me... but maybe not?
Once I finished teaching their class on Friday, I went to the hall to check the note of one student. While I was there, I overheard one of my students say "That is the best class ever, I LOVE that class! I look forward to it everyday and it is the only one that we ever have fun in..." How's THAT for a compliment?! Ok, so they didn't specifically say it was about French class, but I'm just going to take it as such since they had just left my room! Nice hey? However, everyone around him realized I was standing there, so they were not saying much. But I don't think he noticed! I pretended not to hear anything, and just left. I'm sure his friends told him as soon as I left! LOL. PS: This was a kid I yelled at, wrote a note in his agenda, and who didn't finish his homework the day before!
It was a good day!
1.23.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment