I really am the biggest procrastinator I know. Dave and I can't officially decide who is worse- we are both pretty bad. As of this moment, I am procrastinating getting to work and Dave is playing his guitar and procrastinating doing the work he brought home for the weekend. The funny thing is, we both get mad at each other for putting off doing things when it affects the other person. For example, since I was hired *yay!* I have put some phone calling responsibilities on Dave which he keeps neglecting to do and is driving me up the wall. On my end, he keeps asking me to tidy up some stuff and I keep forgetting or ignoring the fact that I need to do it- it is driving him up the wall. I think it is good that we are in the same boat in that way. We get the major stuff done when it needs to be done, but not much before that! I guess it works for us though.
I keep thinking about how much work this year is going to be and it is extremely daunting. Once I get down to the work I usually enjoy doing it- but convincing myself to get there can be tough. My relationships with friends suffer, (thankfully I have amazing friends) and I am grouchy often (thankfully I have an amazing husband!) and I am slightly emotional sometimes (thankfully I have an amazing mother!). Sometimes I wonder why I am going to put myself through this. Othertimes I get so excited. Most of the time I just feel exhausted though. Like now. When I don't want to do any work. At least I have a full day ahead of me tomorrow to do it- did I mention that I'm a bit of a procrastinator? *sigh*
Somehow, I am totally living a blessed blessed life. I don't know why God has seen fit to bestow upon us all the gifts that He has, but somehow He has done it. Undeserved love, that is what grace is after all I guess. God has filled so much of my life with His love and blessings that sometimes I do not even understand. Why me?! Wow. I'm sitting here surrounded by all the comforts of home, listening to my very talented husband play guitar, and just thinking about all the wonderful things in my life. Craziness. God is good.
9.06.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That was very nice hun! Thanks, though I feel I should get kudos for the emotional part too, even if I do tell you sometimes to call your mom:)
Love you!
Dave
:) Liked this post.
I agree, a great post! Definitely lots to be thankful for!
Thanks for your comment on my blog, Sarah! We need to see some new pics of you guys soon! :) Did you hear that Pam and Erik had a little munchkin on the weekend? Crazy, hey? :) Hope you guys are doing really good.
Post a Comment