Hmm....there seems to be a certain common link between my posts... what could it be? Oh right. Ug.
So- I'm sick. I have a love/hate relationship about being sick. I love to say home all day- even when I have the flu or something (which this is not by the way) because I can just sit and relax and sleep. However, this time around, staying home isn't about the relaxing or the sleeping. It is more of a "lets see how much work I can get done in a day!"...while my head spins, I can't breathe, and I can't talk. That is the WORST. I like to talk! As much as I am a shy person, when I know the people well who I am around, I can be pretty chatty. PLUS- the whole teaching thing, you know, involves a lot of , well, talking! There are a certain amount of days you can take off for sickness before you have to make up days (PS I even have a doctors note) and I feel my body needs for me to take them. Plus- my amazing teacher has encouraged me to take them too. BUT I still feel that guilt that says- Go to School, Go to School, Go to School...but then its like..What am I going to do if I do go to school? It isn't like I can talk to anyone! It is really frustrating when the expectations are so high and I feel like I'm failing everyone (including myself) by taking these sick days. I didn't think I would be "that girl" who actually uses the sick days! However, I know that logically it is a good thing. I will be back to myself by the next teaching day and I can put myself into my lessons much better than I can right now. But it still is just so FRUSTRATING!!!!
11.05.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was sick for the first couple days of my IPT so I called the school and they promised to inform my teacher. I show up the next week and my teacher informs me that I've been 'failed' for not showing up and not informing them. Panic ensues. But eventually the office admits that they never passed on my messages. Whew! Although I still think the teacher had it out for me for the rest of the semester.
How did I not hear this story?!
Post a Comment