12.17.2007

I love Christmas!

I absolutely love Christmas. I have so many good memories... I thought I would count down some of the good ones.. ( no particular order)
1. Sitting around the Christmas tree with a good book around midnight or later on Christmas Eve.
2. The boys and I talking mom and dad's stockings downstairs to fill them with funness
3. Decorating the tree while dad napped on the couch (of course the multiple photo opportunities included putting tinsel on his head)
4. Watching the chickadees on the deck
5. Setting the table with fancy tablecloths, china, and the tall candlesticks
6. Plugging in the lights before putting them up, then inevitably having one blow up and freak me out
7. Eating poppyseed roll for breakfast
8. The time I cried!
9. Being relegated to the piano bench to open gifts!
10. Coming home from the farm and seeing that the tree had fallen over completely!
11. The AWESOMENESS that is Dolsky stockings ( stretching ability)
12. Making my family put ribbon on the presents then them thinking they're funny and decorating my gift with garland and pinecones
13. Cutting down fresh Christmas trees and drinking the most amazing hot chocolate at the side of the road
14. The year we couldnt go to the farm because of snow and we had already opened out gifts so mom made us dig through our rooms for stuff to give eachother. I believe I gave David blank tapes and an old popcorn ball from halloween! Can't remember what anyone else got!
15. Decorating the banisters, light fixtures, and mantle with garland

And I could go on and on! Did I mention that I love Christmas!

9 comments:

Just Tim said...

them is some good memories. One of my favorites is how we always managed to find one or two blinky lights to put on the christmas tree just to annoy mom. course that was before the days of the tiny spaztastic lights.

Sarah said...

Good one! Totally- she always hated those blinking ones!

Anonymous said...

Christmas rules!

Anonymous said...

That was posted by Erin, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Oh wait, I can use a nickname.

Sarah said...

way to go E-train! PS you home yet?

Sarah said...

SPAM

Jamie said...

So any new fun Christmas memories for this year?

Sarah said...

Hmm perhaps I'll write another blog entry!...wait for it...